Top5: Eco-Friendly Grooming
Your grooming routine can have a monumental impact of the environment, so here are a few tips to help you when going sustainable...
1. // Avoid plastic wherever possible – even if that just means taking the item with the least amount of packaging – and look at solid ‘naked’ alternatives like shampoo bars.
Shear Revival Shampoo Bar: With a hint of charcoal, therapeutic grade essential oils & moisturizing plant based ingredients, these are perfect for acne prone & problematic skin! Add a Sisal bag to extend the life of your soap! (psst, add a sisal soap saver to extend the life of your soap!)
2. // It’s not just packaging that’s the problem, but what’s inside it too. Ingredients like palm oil, and other unsustainable emulsifiers harm the biodiverse habitats in Malaysia and Indonesia.
Educated Beards Beard + Body Wash: Made for all skin types, this dual-function for Beard+Body is 100% biodegradable, non-comedogenic, and hand-crafted in small batches. Bonus: The jar is glass and completely recyclable!
3. // Reusable razors from steel, aluminum and chrome, are often nicer to use than cartridge - they will save a ton of money on blades, too!
Rockwell 6s Razor: Improve your skin, eliminate plastic waste and save a fortune on shaving! It's adjustable settings let you change the blade exposure for a truly personalized experience, so you get a close, comfortable shave - every time.
4. // Shopping with small retailers, and brands, like us, who put extra care and attention into a smaller eco footprint; like recycled packaging, and products made in small batches made locally.
Brooklyn Grooming Pilgrims Deodorant: It's non- aluminum magnesium that absorbs and neutralizes odors. 100% Vegan and cruelty free in biodegradable packaging. Plus this scent is intoxicating!
5. // Seeking out biodegradable products, including bamboo break down quickly without harming the environment.Firsthand Supply: Every product is free from parabens, sulfates, phthalates, dyes, and is always 100% cruelty-free. Bonus: The jar is made entirely from HDPE PCR. (Essentially recycled material from milk jugs)